Monday, November 23, 2009

And the feet go on

Check out that egg count! We're at the halfway point.

In other news, all three future farmers and I took an urban adventure to the Seattle Aquarium on Friday. We decided to become members! We saw a sleeping octopus, several wolf eels, and a giant clam (and lots of other cool critterage). Our favorite was a swimming lobster. It was really something to see its little swimerettes moving.

Ari and I went to a write in at my friend Lisa's house this Saturday. It was very productive for my nano story. Alex came along to play video games with another member's son. Ari and I tried guitar hero. I suck!

On Sunday, I decided to rearrange the Learning Center. I'm counting that as my workout for the day, as I had to move five bookcases, 2 chest of drawers, a sofa, two computers and desks, and a boatload of book baskets! It took all day!

The winter gardening is not going well. The veggies are way too wet! But, the chickens are happy and laying. The running is going very well too. I can now run for an hour straight again. So far, my knees and ankles are not complaining. Now, I need to run faster!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great blog, thank you. Perhaps you or your members might be interested in a new website to help put vegetarian and vegan self-sufficiency practitioners in touch. 'The Self-sufficient Vegetarian' http://tssveg.ning.com/