Friday, January 2, 2009

100 Resolution Meme challenge

Lisa sent this to me and I'm answering the challenge. The bolded items are things we've done.

1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars - all those college and post-college camping trips. (I prefer a cabin though.)
3. Played in a band - I played in the first years recorder band and Ari has played with several string orchestras
4. Visited Hawaii - not yet.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity - fatal financial flaw.
7. Been to Disneyland/world - my high school had grad night there! David and Ari have been, but not yet for Alex or Anni.
8. Climbed a mountain - David and I have done several. Alex has done Mt. Index. Ari says she's staying grounded. Anni concurs.
9. Held a praying mantis - and several other way cool insects at the Victoria Bug Zoo.
10. Sung a solo - a memories of our neighborhood talent shows on Lakeside Drive, Ipswich.
11. Bungee jumped - not sure about this one.
12. Visited Paris - several times.
13. Watched lightning at sea - David has this one covered via the coast guard.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch - I paint. Anni sings up a storm. Alex can build anything with blocks.
15. Adopted a child - no more room at the ranch.
16. Had food poisoning - many thank to Taco del Mar.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty -David tried, but it was closed due to 9/11.
18. Grown my own vegetables - oh yeah baby, see the blog for the 2007 list!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France - It's small and dark.
20. Slept on an overnight train - the cabins feel like the Mona Lisa.
21. Had a pillow fight - one word: sisters!
22. Hitchhiked - nada on this onw.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - do mental health holidays count?
24. Built a snow fort - we lived in Alaska. We built a snow everything!
25. Held a lamb - We did this in Wales, lots of sheep and lambs.
26. Gone skinny dipping - does a 3 second dip into Loch Ness count?
27. Run a Marathon - I've done nine, including Boston. I think my knees are done now.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice - nope, but we'd love to.
29. Seen a total eclipse - yep!
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset - the mountain top ones are our favorites.
31. Hit a home run - David has this one down. He was a slugger on the CG softball team.
32. Been on a cruise - David went on many for the CG and one fun one to the Bahamas.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors - we've done the British side of the family.
35. Seen an Amish community - my junior year of high school in Penn.
36. Taught myself a new language - I speak very rudimentary Tglingit.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied - money's not our folly.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person - not yet
39. Gone rock climbing - yep, Alaska has great rocks.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - at a special exhibit at the Louvre.
41. Sung karaoke - Ari did this one!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight - the Oregon coast.
46. Been transported in an ambulance - All the girls yes, boys no.
47. Had my portrait painted - perish the thought!
48. Gone deep sea fishing - David with his Grandpa when he was a kid. We also dove for fish and shellfish.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris - during the 100th anniversary, it was very lit up.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - yep and yep, in Washington & Alaska.
52. Kissed in the rain - we lived in Washington and Alaska, enough said.
53. Played in the mud - see above.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - our favorite date night destination while in high school.
55. Been in a movie - Alex and Ari have both been in video productions of their plays.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - my little gift basket business in Eureka.
58. Taken a martial arts class - Ari and I took Tae Kwan Do.
59. Visited Russia -
60. Served at a soup kitchen - we helped out with Tent City 4.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - myself, with sisters, and with Anni.
62. Gone whale watching - orcas, greys, and narwhales.
63. Got flowers for no reason - does a bouquet of dandelions count?
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - regular donars for a long time.
65. Gone sky diving - intentionally? are you serious?
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check -just one?
68. Flown in a helicopter - David has several times.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - Anni still has my Maryanne doll.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial - several times.
71. Eaten caviar - too salty for me.
72. Pieced a quilt - does one quilt square count? I did a very simple patchwork one while a gir scout.
73. Stood in Times Square - crowds, lights, noise, and taxi cabs!
74. Toured the Everglades -
75. Been fired from a job -
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - many times while wondering around London.
77. Broken a bone - David and I have both broken our left wrists. Anni has had a broken jaw.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - is 35 mph speeding?
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book - some day, soon I hope.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car -Ford, Honda, Honda, Honda, Toyota.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper - David and I got presidential physical fitness awards while in Alaska.
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House - not cozy at all.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - lots of fish, crab, and a few deer. (Alaska, remember?)
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life - David and I were first responders on a traffic accident in 1997.
90. Sat on a jury - several times.
91. Met someone famous - we've met several actors, authors, and politicians.
92. Joined a book club - several over the years, none at the moment.
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby - 3 in fact.
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake - no, but David has swum in the Great Sultan Sea, the Atlantic and the Pacific. I've dipped in Loch Ness and the North sea too.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit - yep, on behalf of Anni.
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee - great to find out that I'm allergic!
100. Ridden an elephant - with Ari when she was 3 at Marineworld, USA.

No comments: