Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Year's New Do

We retrieved the computer from the Geek Squad. They wiped it clean. It's hard to tell why it cost $200 to do that. I think a phone call is in order. Now we have to find all that software to reload.

The future farmers have just completed their first week of back to school. Alex and Ari are both taking history (at different levels of course) and having discussions about the relative merits of ancient Sumarian culture. Meanwhile, Anni is discussing the finer points of Arthur and DW. She claims Buster is her favorite character. I like Binky myself.

The flood waters are beginning to recede in Washington. We are no longer cut off from the rest of civilization. Our rains have made the national new for the past few evenings. I-5 was closed to the south preventing Washingtonians from reaching Portland, Oregon. All 3 mountain passes were closed segregating Western and Eastern Washington, and their was flooding to the north preventing escape to Vancouver, Canada. I-5 reopened tonight to the relieve of the truckers with perishable good who had been waiting for 48 hours. I'm sure the guy with the lorry load of frozen seafood was especially relieved.

Well, I finally decided on a new haircut, short, banged, and layery. After adding a dash of color yesterday (red of course), I dashed into the beauty shop today for a do. Anni is wondering who I am now, and the dog keeps growling at me. I didn't think I looked that different! (No, I will not voluntarily be posting a picture, so don't ask.)

No comments: