Sunday, January 25, 2009

And a dash more color!

It was another painting weekend for the suburban farmers. We are still working on our basement family room, experimenting with cheery colors for our greyish climate. To the Tuscan Terracotta, we added Yucatan to the lower wall, and then painted a contrasting wall in Basil green. The combination looks terrific! Pictures will follow once I can locate my camera again. To get to all the walls, we had to move the entire contents of the room to the center, and anyone who's seen this room understands that moving many hundreds of books can be a real pain!

Many, many thanks to our pal, Lisa, for helping with the painting yesterday. She's a real trooper! Today, I took on the baseboards and trimming single-handedly. I'm currently trapped in the basement as I've painted all around the door frame. So, somebody come and rescue me soon. Please. Is anybody out there?

In other news, the farm kitchen finally got a new oven. This farmer can hardly wait to try it out. That is if I can ever leave the basement. Help.

And finally, the snow has returned! Just when we though it was safe to reemerge in our vehicles it came back and blanketed the trees and lawns. So far, it's leaving the roads clear. The snowflakes looked beautiful dancing from the sky as I drove yet again to the hardware store for painting essentials. The paint guys are on a first name basis with me now. And, I really should buy stock in this blue painting tape.

Photo gallery tomorrow!

No comments: