Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Apple Chutney and the Bee


10 Jars of Apple Chutney







Lisa, Alex, and Ari striking poses before the start of The Putnam County Spelling Bee this evening. David and I saw this musical on Broadway during our trip to New York a couple of years ago. It was so great, we wanted the older two kids and friends to see it too. It was a total blast! Very funny!


The chutney was why there was no posting yesterday. I was preserving! The kids say it's become an obsession! But I say necessity, to deal with lots of green tomatoes and apples! The whole house still smells like chutney! Bring on the masala veggie burgers!


More news tomorrow as I'm going to close now and figure out how to use the very special green gift David gave to me. No, not my very own personal leprechaun or a giant boogie. Not even a bag of peapods or a jar of dill pickles. Not an evergreen tree or a 4-leaf clover. It was a green Nikon Coolpix camera that gave a donation to a green cause apon purchase. David got a great deal on the camera and a very big kiss, I got a very cool camera with a zoom lens (yahoo!), and the charity got a donation. I just love triple wins. The instruction manual for the camera is 3X bigger than the camera and twice as thick. I feel a techno-oh-no headache coming on, but for the sake of close-up, I'll chance it. Pass the tylenol.

No comments: