Monday, October 13, 2008

Missing stuff and mushrooms

Hmm, I can tickle my own toes!

This morning we finally took we beat the rain and took Barkley for a walk at the park. He was so exciting he was practically doing back-flips. We've got to get that woofer out more often.

Then it became a very frustrating day. I spent alot of time looking for things: Anni's missing backpack, the missing telephone, the missing academic materials, and the missing computer ink cartridges. As cartoon Cathy would say, "Arrrgggg!!" We found the phone and ink cartridges, but not the backpack or academic materials. Oh well, they'll show up eventually. Things usually do.

I took a walk along the river this afternoon. I saw 1 heron, 2 comerands, 3 teal, and lots of Canada geese and crows. I also saw 29 woolbully caterpillars. They were bravely crossing the bike path.

We decided to use the chantrelle mushrooms tonight. The recipe winner was baked polenta with mushroom ragout. It was extremely tasty! We served it up with a fresh garden salad and some rosemary bread.

No comments: